Get in touch
We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Send us a message...
OR REACH OUT
Follow our Social media channels
READY TO DIVE WITH US?
We will get back to you as soon as possible.
OR REACH OUT
READY TO DIVE WITH US?
If you want a reply, please, tell us your name and email
Watercolours Dive Centre, located in Sliema Pitch, Tower Road, Sliema, Malta, takes care of your personal data and the way the data is stored and used.
This policy should be read in conjunction with any Terms on our website.
To be able to provide our services, we need to collect some Personal Data about you for a number of reasons. This data may include but is not limited to:
– Your contact details, including name, address, phone number and e-mail,
– Date of birth,
– Card details.
We may collect this information from one of the following resources:
1. From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us.
2. From third parties to whom you have provided information with your consent to pass it on to other organisations or persons
Using Personal Data about our customers is necessary to provide them our services. We shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary:
• We shall keep your personal data for as long as necessary according to local laws and/or third parties, such as PADI, oblige us to do so for security and quality assurance purposes only. After which time all personal data will be destroyed.
• To help us to identify you when you contact us, so that we can provide you the services and products you need. We may use databases with the data you have provided to do this.
• To contact you about improved administration of any services and products we have provided before, do provide now or will or may provide in the future. As well as about products and services offered by us where you have expressly consented/requested to us doing so.
• To carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling, as well as to create statistical and testing information to improve our internal procedures
• To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
• We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal Data we hold about you for the following reasons:
• to comply with a legal obligation
• If the company is acquired by a third party
• If we employ companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. In this case the companies or individuals will receive only the data that they strictly need to perform their tasks.
• If it’s needed to provide the service you request, for example, we may give your personal data to a certificating agency, such as PADI.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural measures to keep the personal information safe.
We protect access to the emails, web and social media with passwords.
Please remember that communications over the internet, such as emails, web-mails and social media, are never a hundred per cent secure. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
You can set your browser to accept all or some cookies, to notify when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these options means that personalised services cannot be provided and the user may not be able to take full advantage of all of a website’s features
We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of WATERCOLOURS DIVE CENTRE. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, [business name] takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
• Maltese Law requires that all divers with a level rating less than Advanced Open Water or equivalent level need to be accompanied/guided by a renewed and insured Instructor in the water at all times.
• Guest divers will be grouped according to their qualification and experience and will always follow the instructions of the accompanying instructor. An instructor may terminate the dive or dive pack of any guest if the diver does not follow instructions or is deemed unsafe to himself and/or others.
• The dive centre or instructor reserves the right to refuse the business of any guests on the grounds of safety issues or possible issues that arise or may arise.
• If the guest has a medical issue and does not present a medical certification from any doctor allowing the guest to scuba dive then the guest will not be allowed to dive with us, regardless of the guest’s experience and/or certification level, until such medical check up is done and a medical certification is issues by any doctor allowing the guest to scuba dive.
• All qualified divers must present their certification card and logbook at the time of registering. Failure to do so may disqualify the guest from diving until such time that the required proof is provided.
• For their own safety, Divers may be required to complete a check dive and/or a refresher dive depending on their certification level and experience and the time elapsed between their last logged dive.
• If the guest does not present an official log book, which would contain the stamp and certification number of the final instructor, the requirement of whether a check dive and/or refresher dive is needed, still remains at the discretion of the present instructor.
• The maximum depth for each guest is determined by their certification level, as well as the instructor’s assessment of the client’s ability and comfort level and also by the weather and sea conditions on the day.
• All recreational No-Deco dives will always be done within the recreational depth limits and the no decompression time limits.
• Any guest scuba diving in Malta is not required, under local Maltese law, to have or take out any sort of diving insurance to be legally allowed to learn or practise scuba diving. Neither is the diving centre legally bound to issue any sort of diving insurance to the guest learning or practising scuba diving with them. Scuba diving insurance is still a choice the guest would need to make. DAN provide short on-line insurance coverage for these very occasions.
• Watercolours Dive Centre Malta and all their instructors are fully insured by DAN – Divers Alert Network to carry out scuba diving activities which include teaching courses, course dives and recreational leisure dives for certified divers.
• As you can see, we take diving safety very seriously and would strongly advise guests to be entirely honest when filling in these forms especially were medical safety in involved. Putting one’s life at risk and potentially the lives of others, including our instructors, should never be an option.
• Self-Assessment Medical Statement (RSTC Medical form): (LINK TO FORM)
If the diver answers “YES” to any of the medical conditions on the form, then a medical certificate signed by a doctor is required.
• Risk and Liability Statement: (LINK TO FORM)
Divers under the age of 18 need to provide written parental/ guardian consent allowing them to dive.
• Customer Registration Form: (LINK TO FORM)
This form is issued by the dive centre and will be given to the guest either by email or by hand and will be used solely to collect personal data and diving information as well as reminding the guest of local medical obligations. This form also includes the Self-Assessment Medical & Risk Liability statements.
• The divers are usually requested to be at the Dive Centre at 09:00 for a day of diving, unless otherwise specified.
• Night dives depart from the centre between 17:00 and 20:00 depending on the season.
• The meeting time for night dives will depend on the time of the year and the special circumstances of the dive or the day.
• If a diver doesn’t show on time, the dive may start without waiting for him/her.
• The guest may choose the number of dives to do in a day. For some dive sites, a minimum of 2 dives will be required.
• Standards require that appropriate student materials are purchased for use during all courses and to keep as reference after finishing it. Watercolours does not include the cost of the materials in the price of the course. The client may bring their own materials or purchase them from Watercolours.
• For technical courses, the certification fee is not included in the price of the course. The instructor may decide not to certify the student, if he considers the diver doesn’t fulfil the ability or personal requirements for the certification. There is a certification fee on each successfully completed recreational course included in the course prices.
• Watercolours will do all that is possible to complete a course within a stipulated time, however, it cannot guarantee its duration as each student will have to fulfil all the obligations and standards of the course which might take more time. If the student can’t complete the course during their stay either a referral will be issued by Watercolours or Watercolours will reserve the option to keep the course open to be finished within 12 months.
• If more than 12 months elapse then the course must be restarted from the beginning.
• If the student needs further days to complete a course additional fees may apply.
• Watercolours will choose the appropriate dive sites suitable for its guests depending on their certification level, proficiency and the sea conditions on the day.
• The planned dive sites for the day may change, even at short notice, depending on weather conditions, safety issues or technical reasons.
• Transport to and from dive sites is included in our prices, unless otherwise mentioned. Divers using our transport do so at their own risk. We recommend not to take valuables to the dive sites. Watercolours will not accept any responsibility for lost properties or thief.
• The cost of most of our boat dives is also included in the total price of our dives, however, additional boat costs may apply for dives done due to distance covered or special permits such as Heritage Malta & other costs. See additional costs explanation on the dive centre’s website. (LINK TO PAGE)
• Non-divers travelling in the dive trucks and/or on the dive boat are subject to the available space with first preference always being given to diving clients. Non-divers travelling on the boat and/or in the dive trucks travel at their own risk. Watercolours doesn’t offer any tourist guiding or other activities except for diving and snorkel trips. All dive trucks and the dive boat all hold the appropriate licences and are all covered by the necessary insurance coverage.
• Watercolours Dive Centre only rents equipment to divers accompanied by one of our instructors.
• The guest who is renting equipment is fully responsible for any damage or loss that the equipment may suffer due to bad or irresponsible use.
• Watercolours dive Centre does not rent out any scuba diving equipment to third parties.
• Upon request and availability, Watercolours offers Transfers from the airport to the chosen hotel or the dive centre.
• Watercolours also offers pick-ups for guests… see list of free pick-ups on website. Return transfer to the hotel cannot be guaranteed and is usually done at closing time which is 17:00
• A booking will only be confirmed upon deposit unless another arrangement is reached. In any other case it will be considered a provisional booking and Watercolours cannot guarantee the availability of an instructor for the requested activity. Alternatively, If there is space available, the guest can join any other dive happening during the stay.
• If the guest cancels an activity 24 hours before, the cost is 25% of the total cost.
• If the guest cancels an activity within 24 hours a 50% cancellation fee is required.
• The guest renounces any deposits for any cancellations unless a special agreement is reached.